Thursday, June 22, 2017

Autumn's First Post

Hello All,
So my dad said that a lot of his friends were asking for my thoughts on the trip, so here we go.
This morning as I got off the plane I felt joyful (partly because we got off the plane on one of the stairways instead of the long hallway that normally is at the end of plane flights :) ). The air in Iceland is cool and crisp, which felt good after being in a stuffy airplane. Zane left his phone inside the plane, so my dad had to go through some trouble to get it back. After that trouble, we went through customs, and we all got our first stamp in our new passports. We then got into a shuttle to go to the car rental place. We couldn't get into our Air B&B before 12pm, and it was 9:30am at the time, so we went to the blue lagoon. We didn't actually see the lagoon itself, but we did see milky blue water outside the gates. See picture below↴

After this we decided we needed food from a supermarket, so we found one nearby the Air B&B. This took about an hour, and eventually it was time to go into the Air B&B. After we got settled, everyone took naps (except me and Bryce). A thought had come to me at the time, and it was this;
How am I going to handle being with them for an entire year?? And I honestly don't know. I scares me but at the same time it is going to force me to become closer to them. I am going to miss being with all of my friends probably more than I can imagine. Another thing that is going to bother me is in places where the majority of people don't speak english. I hate it when I can't understand what is going on around me. One thing that distracts me from thinking about missing things or the language differences is adventure. I love to go hiking, find new, unexplored ground, and looking at new landscapes.
Anyway, after 'naptime', my dad decided to go to downtown Reykjavik with me and Bryce. I took many pictures of lupine plants and other things in the fields. Here they are:










3 comments:

  1. GREAT photos and thank you for sharing your thoughts! Your dad is right...inquiring minds want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures Autumn! Not knowing the language may actually help you be in the moment more. Kind of like when it's dark and you can't see very well, your hearing becomes more finely tuned. I'll bet you are going to return with some super natural powers of observation ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Its a beautiful nature and you amazingly capture. We offer tips are Gold Trading Tips and MCX Updates.

    ReplyDelete