Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Random Thoughts

Kaleidoscope:
After years upon years of scheduling our lives around fixed timelines, Nicole had an interesting epiphany.  For the next year, we are going to be totally in control of our days.  Instead of adapting our lives around this practice, that meeting, their birthday party, her dance, and his baseball game; we will have the liberty to adapt our trip around our lives.  The family calendar for so many years was a kaleidoscope of carefully coordinated colors entwining the personalized calendars of five busy people.  Going forward it's one calendar, one color; and we adapt to the vagaries of the day.
Watch your head!:
People often ask how I'm feeling and what's going thru my head.  Well lots of things, but one thing that's weird...It's been a long time in planning this adventure, and we're literally days away now.  So now I am worried about the dumbest things that could prevent this from happening.  My kids were doing your standard kid roughhousing, and all I can think is, "oh man, I hope they don't bonk their head on the corner of that table." I'm cruising down the highway and... "that truck is getting awfully close to my lane, move over buddy!". I never knew I could be so worried about really inconsequential things...

1 comment:

  1. I'll add my random thoughts since as a fellow traveler I know you've been waiting to hear for me:🐶 regarding your trip would not pack too much Noone complained of not taking enough In addition you can also buy whatever you need two blocks from where we are staying in most places around the world socks underwear etc. also I would take all your "bad" clothes instead of The nicer ones with you so you can throw them away as they get more used. as far as scheduling places to stay I would not schedule more than you already have to allow flexibility. flights you may need but traveling around the world I've never come across a place where there hasn't been a place to stay and rarely booked places especially in your case you can call a week or two prior to arrival and always get something inexpensive

    ReplyDelete