Monday, July 24, 2017

Autumn Here Again...Now in Copenhagen! (Plus the end of Sweden)

I haven't done much in Copenhagen so far, but it hasn't been as cold as the previous places we've been. Here are some pictures explaining what the end of Sweden and the beginning of Copenhagen have been like:
It was pouring when we arrived on the train to Copenhagen.
 We watched the changing of the Swedish guard (which my dad mentioned in a previous blog post), but I wasn't interested in the actual changing of the guard; I was interested in the marching band. I play piccolo, flute, and piano, so I enjoy listening to music and seeing the marching.



 The art in the metro stations in Stockholm were amazing.
 I read on another blog that the metal poles were supposed to represent smokestacks.
 And the workers in the blue are a memorial of all of the workers who worked on the stations. (This was at T-Centralen, the center of all of the trains, busses, and metros in Stockholm.)

 The escalator went up really high at one of the stations. I like all of the lines in this photograph.
 This was my dad's favorite station art.

 Pacman!



 Apparently the granite stones are supposed to represent Stonehenge...(this was at the Skarpnack station, just a few stations away from our Airbnb stop, Bjorkhagen) (I spelled that right, except Skarpnack has an accent on it.) (I became knowledgeable on the metro system)

 On the rainy day that we arrived in Copenhagen, we went out to eat, and I got delicious lemonade.

 The family who rents out the Airbnb we are currently in has a 12 year old daughter who loves science, has a lot of books, and loves quotes. Her entire door is covered in quotes, just like my wall at home. I think we would be good friends if we met. Here are some of my favorite quotes on her door.

"Whoever said money can't buy happiness has never shopped in a bakery."
 "Karma's just sharpening her nails and finishing her drink, She says she'll be with you shortly."
 "I have always imagined that Paradise will be a kind of library."
 "I don't care if you're black, white, short, tall, skinny, rich or poor. If you respect me, I respect you."
 "A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure."
 "I don't love studying.
I hate studying.
I like learning.
Learning is beautiful."
 We went on a boat tour today.


 We also went up a tower, and at the near top was a series of poems about the tower and it's history. The picture below is what I did after reading a poem about people etching their names on the windows. The window scratching is not good, so they asked people to etch their names into something else. (ACOTAR and HP readers will understand my symbols)
 This was the view from the top.
 This is what it looked like inside.

1 comment:

  1. Quotes on the door, how wonderfully Brothers Glass! Also cool pic of the lemonade - I love food and drink talk in travel writing.

    ReplyDelete