Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Something that might make this trip a bit harder for me...

So as some of you reading this blog may know, I have misophonia. It means, "hatred of sound". Now, I don't hate sound in general, in fact I LOVE music. People with misophonia typically hate chewing (with or without mouth closed), gum smacking, heavy breathing, tapping, or crinkling plastic. The sounds listed are called triggers. My case of misophonina is not as severe as most, as the only triggers I have are chewing and sometimes bag crinkling. To a 'normal' person, movements and sounds that trigger people with misophonia blend into the background, but for people who have it, the trigger sounds are loud and clear. The triggers set off a fight or flight response in the brain of someone with misophonia, causing them to feel anxious, frustrated, irrational and even full of full-out rage. Some people with misophonia can hear the triggering sounds better than people without misophonia. I am one of those people, and it can cause me to have problems when eating a meal at the dinner table with the family. They all know I have misophonia, but cannot help it that they need to eat...they try the best they can to be as quiet as they can while eating, and I am grateful. Yet I can still hear it, loud as can be, and I get feelings of annoyance and rage.

Anyway, onto more happy topics. Today we went around Gamla Stan (the old part of Stockholm), and it's pretty cool. It has the smallest statue in Stockholm inside it, and I think it's cute.

There's a bunch of amazing art in the metro stations




No comments:

Post a Comment